Wednesday 3 June 2015

My thoughts on Midnight in Paris Brilliant movie really enjoyed the whole concept of Gil Pender, nostalgic writer who is on a quest of finding inspiration in Paris. He would mysteriously travel back into time, to explore and meet with his inspiration masters, who have influenced his work from early days. He travels back into the 1920s, an era in which he is taken aback by; he meets up with the likes of Zelda and Scott Fitzgerald, Ernest Hemingway, Gertrude Stein, Pablo Picasso and other renowned artists. I presume it would be a magical feeling to meet with the giants we all look up to and have them influence us on a far more personal note. I’m just about very certain that if I met BeyoncĂ©, I’d want it to be here and now and not a different lifetime. I want bragging rights of such an auspicious occasion amongst my peers. Profound apologies for deviating, yes Midnight in Paris! The movie highlights the greatness inspiration masters possess and how influence and inspiration can come alive in the most unexpected and hideous ways. Inspiration isn’t timed or planned, it is mysterious. The movie is a must see, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment